Friday, June 28, 2013



WYD '13RAZIL
Opportunities He gives me



    I don't know what to expect of this trip but i'm verryyyy excited! God is giving me and a group of 12 other college students the opportunity to attend a trip to Rio de Janiero in Brazil! Time is passing by very quickly and we are now under a month away from leaving for our trip to WYD Brazil 2k13! I never knew I would have the opportunity to attend the world's largest gathering where all the youth of the world meet for one special purpose, God. We will do mission work our first week in Sao Paulo and continue the next week doing several activities that include catechesis, stations of the cross, and of course, the closing mass given by Pope Francis in Rio de Janiero!
    Although the trip is set and all we are waiting for is the day of our flight, it hasn't been easy these couple of months. There has been deadlines the group had to stress about, worries about what to take and use in our trip, and other personal problems that have made the road a little bumpy for us all. But in the end, all these obstacles are sacrifices for Him like He did for us. Personally, I'm glad we had to go through all this. If it wasn't for all these sacrifices we face, I would have never met all the friendships God is blessing my life with. All the time spent together has made these new friendships like family.
    I feel so blessed for the opportunity God is giving me to attend such an important event like this. The desire for me to deepen my faith and fall in love with the church is being fulfilled. It's almost overwhelming all God is doing for me! I thank him everyday for all he is doing in my life! 
    But, He had it all planned for me and I had no idea. Turns out He is giving me a trip with a group full great people in "The Year of Faith".  

No comments:

Post a Comment