Saturday, June 29, 2013

A True Friend


We all have a friend, a special someone to whom we trust and expect the same out of them. Maybe you have a best friend. What makes a best friend? Trustworthy, honest, loyal...the list is endless. We also have had people in our lives that were once considered a friend, but something happened that caused disappointment and the friendship ended. Yes! we all have to admit that we have been hurt some how by someone in our past or maybe till this day you feel the need of a true friend. Where am I getting here? First of all, Everyone needs a friend. After all, friends are what makes our lives more meaningful and interesting.The truth is, friendships come and go, but Jesus never fails. He is waiting for you to recognize him as your friend. Open up your heart for Jesus; he is knocking the door of your heart. He desires to have a personal relationship with you.

I used to think I had a close relationship with Jesus just because I go to church, volunteer at church, and try to be a "good girl." Sadly, that was my case, until I decided to open up my heart to him and trust in him. I noticed that even before I received him in my heart, he was already there.

Every time I needed him, he was there. 
When I had doubts, he helped me...
When I felt lonely, he was by my side...
When my plans and hopes failed, he had other things prepared for me...
When I felt desperate, and my cross was becoming heavier, he gave me strength...

Despite who I was before, he never stopped calling me. To be honest, I still struggle, but I have faith and a great friend that never fails. Get to know Jesus; he's the only true friend you could ever have. There is no greater love than Jesus dying on the cross for you and me.

I am blessed to have the opportunity to join millions of youth with the same faith, meeting new friends, and be part of this great celebration, especially participating in the holy mass with Pope Francis. Jesus makes everything possible. Please keep the group in your prayers.

 John 15: 13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment