Friday, June 28, 2013

Plans

Just recently I had to dig through the grit and grime of my home to repair water damage and remove potentially deadly mold from the walls, all the while talking about growing up with my fellow handywoman, my aunt. Before that was an Evangelical Catholic Training Camp(/retreat). Before that not one year ago I was informed of World Youth Day by Father James and signed up without deliberation. Before that was a spiritually tumultuous freshmen year of college. And before all this was an eighteen year old boy pondering/panicking over whether to enter the seminary or go to college. Thankfully, God said to give a year of college a try. (Look where that suggestion landed me.)

No doubt God guides me everyday, just as He guides us everyday even without us being aware. All our lives are a marvelous progression. To where and what, God gives us a choice, though He does have an ideal, given to us when we are ready. I've never had a clue where I am going--what? Me, a guy who has never traveled no farther than Memphis, Tennessee and not even west or south of Little Rock is going to a whole  new country? To meet the Pope and the global Catholic youth with ten Southern belles, a priest, and another dude who has his head on his shoulders? All planned!
The recent riots, ten-inch spiders, and alien 'n' exotic wildlife? All accounted for!

I don't know why people bother planning, God's ideas are far more surprising and always interesting!

Need I say more? Yes.
We--the million Catholic youth--will all come out changed and irrevocably different, from our inmost being to perhaps our outermost appearance.
Whether we bring along "baggage" or not God will give us something different to take home to our daily lives, homes, offices, and duties.

Still, while this all sounds very serious I have a gut feeling that God will prove yet again He has a sense of humor--and His jokes are hilariously life-chaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment