Friday, August 16, 2013

Infinitely impossible

John 15:16 -
 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. 

How beautiful His word is. Yesterday I was talking with a friend "Bob" who seemed as though he was up against impossible odds in achieving his dream. He made the comment that the chances of him succeeding kept getting smaller with every small obstacle. Then I got the urge to tell Bob something to comfort him but I was a at a total loss as to what I should say. So I just kinda said my own little quick prayer and started talking hoping God would know what to say. He did. 

This is some of what I remember saying:

Bob do you have any idea the likelihood of you ever coming into existence? Think about all of the hundreds of generations that came before you. Now consider that each month during the few days of ovulation, there is a 25% chance of a woman becoming a mother. Bob do you understand the implications of that fact. It would be more likely for you to win the lottery ten times in a row than for you to come into being!  It is 100% impossible that you are even here now. The chances of you ever taking your first breath were infinitely improbable.  Yet here you stand. Well, do you think that maybe God doesn't give a hoot about how impossible something seems? 

Our God is not confined by statistics or chances. He breathes the impossible into life everyday! So Bob I charge you with this; leave your dreams in His miraculous hands. And if you are faithful to His will and prayerful for your goal He will reward you in ways you will only be able to describe as impossible.  


No comments:

Post a Comment