Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Journey to One Goal



One sometimes starts out a year setting goals like, losing weight to look like a top model or maybe setting the goal of traveling to the place one have always dreamed of. In my case, these were my goals for about five years straight and to be honest I did not achieve them. Actually, I think I even gained a “few more extra” pounds and traveled only to my native country, and not the place I have dreamed of going…Israel. Now that another year has started, I have realized that in this life, there is only one goal and I have to do the best I can to reach it. I will have to say that there will be a “few slight changes” to achieve this goal, which will consist on focusing in three resolutions in my day-to-day life.
            The first resolution would be to encounter an intimate relationship with my Father, by having constant one on one conversation with Him and also by reading the experiences His friends had with Him. The second resolution would be to discern what my Father wants for me. This is, discovering what my vocation is in this life and working with it, as my Father desires. The third resolution to be able to reach the goal is to apply my vocation to the mission, that my Father gives to me and gives to all my brothers and sisters, and that is to deliver the Good News to all nations. The mission as well, includes doing a radical change in our life so we can serve Him. Serving Him is also serving others, the needy, the poor, and also giving love to all, respecting, and much more… to put it in simple words, trying to do and be the best we can be day by day.
            I believe that the resolutions I plan to do, make my “few slightly changes” more than I expected, to reach the goal. I know that to reach this goal, it will not be easy, like it was not easy to do the first two goals I had for the last five years, but now I know that I will have the support and the strength of my Father, Jesus Christ,  to help me achieve His objective, which would be obtaining holiness, giving us true happiness in the eternal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment